Q. How do I print?
For Sac State Students, Faculty and Staff
Instructions for printing from a SacLink computer (i.e. a computer you logged into with your SacLink account):
Choose to print to either the PrintSmart BW or PrintSmart Color printer, depending upon the type of print you need.
Go to the PrintSmart device nearby (Color PrintSmart station available in 2 north computer lab only).
Swipe your OneCard through the reader, magnetic stripe down.
Find your print job in the list.
The cost of your print job will appear on the screen.
Note: Be sure the job cost matches what you expect. No refunds given for blank or unwanted pages.
Click the Print button to release your job to the adjacent printer.
- Problems? See IRT website: https://www.csus.edu/irt/printing/
Sac State students can print from their own laptops by using the web PrintSmart:
https://irt-papercut.saclink.csus.edu:9192/user? OR select the appropriate instructions on this page to download PrintSmart printer drivers so you can print direct: http://csus.edu/irt/printing/
Printing from Guest Research Stations (i.e. the first eight computers along the wall across from the 2nd floor Reference Desk) is not recommended for Sac State Students, facuty and staff. SacLink computers have more printing options.
For campus guests (community users, alumni, Renaissance Society, visiting scholars, etc.) using Guest Research Computer
When using the Guest Research computers (i.e. the first eight computers along the wall across from the 2nd floor Reference consultation area) campus visitors will need to follow all these steps. Purchase and Association will only need to be done the first time.
Purchase your Courtesy OneCard ($1.00) at the Value Transfer Station across from the 1st floor Library Service Desk. Add funds to pay for your printing and/or copying to your card using the same machine. Cash only.
Associate Courtesy OneCard
Visitors must have an Internet Access Card and Courtesy OneCard to print or copy on the PrintSmart station.
2. Register your new user account
3. Go to a PrintSmart Station and slide your Courtesy OneCard
4. On screen a message will appear indicating that you need to associate your Courtesy OneCard.
5. Select “YES”
6. Input your username. It will start “Courtesy-“ and then click on Done
7. Input your password and select on Done
8. You’re ready to print or copy.
Printing Instructions from a Research Computer
1. Select Print
2. On the print screen, go to the printer/destination
3. A drop down menu will appear. Select the printer listed as PaperCut Courtesy. Select Print
4. A login menu will appear, input your username (it will start with “Courtesy-“) and password
5. For the remember option, select “until I log out” Then select OK
6. Go to the PrintSmart Station and slide your Courtesy Onecard
7. You will see your document on the screen. Select your document and then select Print.
8. When finished select the green button Log In/Out
1. Go to the PrintSmart Station and slide your Courtesy Onecard
2. Select Use Copier
3. On screen your account confirmation will appear with the balance of your Courtesy Onecard
4. Select Use Copier once more
5. Select Copy, the copy functions will be displayed
6. Select the Start button to make copies
7. When finished select the green button Log In/Out