Q. How do I get a book not owned by the library?
We can order most anything you need for your research. The Interlibrary Loan provides current students, faculty, and staff access to materials that are not available through the Sacramento State University Library and CSU+. CSU+ is a free interlibrary loan service that students, faculty, and staff may use to borrow books and media from one of the 22 other campuses of the California State University.
To request books or media in CSU+:
- Sign in to OneSearch using your Saclink login.
- Search the Books & Media (all CSU) scope.
- Click on the book to request.
- The link “Request from CSU Libraries: CSU+” will appear if we do not own the book, or if it is not available in our library. The request only shows if you are logged in.
- Select the volume (if necessary) and pick-up location on the request form and click Submit.
- When the item has been received, the patron will get an email hold shelf notice. The checkout period will be 30 or 60 days, depending on the lending library, with no renewals. Books not picked-up within 7 days will be sent back to the lending library. Books ready for pick-up can be checked out at the 1st floor Ask.Find.Use desk.
- If the request cannot be filled, the patron will receive a cancel email that includes a link to request the book via ILLiad.
Interlibrary Loan provides current students, faculty, and staff access to materials that are not available through the Sacramento State University Library and CSU+. To get started,simply go to this page: so: https://illiad.csus.edu/illiad/logon.html
First time users will have to fill in some basic contact information. Once that is completed, you can start submitting requests for books, articles, videos, etc. that the library doesn't own.
Please note: NO REQUIRED COURSE MATERIALS (e.g. textbooks) may be requested.