Requesting books for students, faculty, and staff
The Sac State Library accepts requests for print and other circulating materials from our collections for current students, faculty, and staff (including emeritus faculty and staff).
Book Request Policy:
- Requesting is available for current Sac State faculty, staff, and students.
- A maximum of 8 active requests at a time.
- Library Locker Pickup option available - please allow 3-5 business days for processing.
- Home Delivery option only available to users living 30 or more miles from campus - please allow 7-10 business days for processing and delivery of materials.
- Requesting is NOT available for materials located in: Reference, Special Collections and University Archives, or Course Reserve.
To request print and other circulating materials, follow the steps below or view the short video at the bottom of this FAQ:
1. Use OneSearch to find an available item you want to request.
2. Make sure the item is available and not on loan.
3. Click the item record to request and select the "Sign in for more options" button.
4. Click the request link.
5. Complete the form and submit your request.
- Select delivery method.
- Mailing Address = Required for Home Delivery. Please add address to each request.
- Not Needed After = Not Required. The date in which you would no longer need the item.
6. Please allow 7-10 business days for processing and delivery.